“Typical” newly constructed homes in St Petersburg Florida have a 3 bedroom 3 bath layout with a little over 2,000 sq ft of indoor living area. The vast majority of these new construction homes have 3 or 4 bedrooms and most range from about 1,500 sq ft to 4,000 sq ft. Less than 10% of the newly constructed homes are on the waterfront. Somewhat surprisingly, very few of them come with a private pool.
Some of the most popular builders are David Weekley Homes, Alpha Engineering, Domain Homes, Inc, Domain Homes, and Blue Water Builders, LLC.
The most common Architectural Styles for new constructed homes in St Petersburg, in rank order, are:
Top Reasons To Buy New Construction
Here are some of the top reasons for buying a new construction home in Saint Petersburg, versus an older home:
- Open Floor Plans
- Hurricane protection
- Greater overall Energy Efficiency
- Green appliances for even more energy efficiency
- Financing available through the builder, making it easier to qualify for a mortgage
- Fewer maintenance costs associated with repairs or renovations
- Builder's warranty
- Built to code
- Avoids the mess and inconvenience or upgrade projects