Downtown Sarasota Condos For Sale
Downtown Sarasota is located on the Gulf Coast on the northwest side of Sarasota County. It’s a great location, just a stone's throw away from the pristine Gulf Beaches. There are abundant options for shopping, eating, and entertainment.
About half of the downtown Sarasota condo buildings will offer waterfront views. The best water view condos lie along Golden Gate Point and Gulf Stream Avenue on the west side of downtown.
If you want to live in a colorful, vibrant city - Downtown Sarasota might be the perfect place for you. Below you will find the latest condos for sale in downtown Sarasota listed by brokers in the Multiple Listing Service. Learn More Below ...
Downtown Condo Choices
There are over 80 condos and townhome communities to choose from in the downtown Sarasota area. Some are charming older construction, and there are over a dozen more modern choices that have been built in the last few years. If you want a newer condo building, you’ll want to check out our page to search (LINK) Newer Downtown Sarasota Condos - built after 2018.
The typical downtown condo is a 2-bedroom, 2-bath layout, which generally ranges in size from about 1,000 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft of living area. Downtown Sarasota One-bedroom units average about 900 sq ft, and two-bedroom units average 1,500sq ft. The three-bedroom condos average about 2,500sq ft, and the four-bedroom units are around the 4,000 sq ft range.
Most of the Sarasota downtown condos are pet-friendly and allow two pets. If you have pets, you’ll want to check out our Pet-Friendly Downtown Condos page.
Things to Do
Some of our favorite things to do in the downtown area are:
- Payne Park - Playgrounds, Splash Park for kiddos, Disc Golf, Skate Park, Stage/Amphitheater Area
- Bayfront Park - This popular public park offers a marina, kayaks and paddle boards for rental, walking trails, and more. Except for a few restrictions, it is pet-friendly. There are some great statues/art installations for you to enjoy. While you are there, be sure to check out OLeary's Tiki Bar) - YUM
- St. Armands Circle - This popular shopping and dining spot is in the Sarasota Beach area. It offers many great shops, restaurants, and things to do and see.
- Downtown Farmers Market - Every Saturday. Music, vendors, fresh produce, arts
- McCurdy's Comedy Theatre - Get a laugh, relax and unwind, and enjoy snacks and drinks at this
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens - These gardens are right on the Gulf Coast and bordered on the south side by the Hudson Bayou. This tropical urban oasis offers a butterfly house and a variety of native plants as well as glimpses of some of the most exotic plants from across the globe.