While Pinellas County is probably best known for the beach lifestyle, there are some great options for city living as well. If you want a really vibrant and varied city lifestyle, downtown St Petersburg is probably your best choice. Downtown St Pete offers a plethora of cultural choices including the arts, museums, boutique shopping, elegant local restaurants and bars, water activities, parks, and much more.
Use the quick links below to learn more about your interests or just scroll down. Need help? Give us a call at 727-619-2799 or use our Contact Form.
|Downtown Condos||The Arts & Museums||Parks|
|Things to Do||Restaurants||Boating & Yachting|
There are ten major condos in the heart of downtown St Petersburg where you can immerse yourself in downtown living and the city lifestyle. These high-rise buildings offer cityscape views and water views of the shimmering waters of Tampa Bay. Downtown When you step out of your condo, you are literally surrounded by local restaurants, parks, museums, shopping, walkable shorelines, and more. Use the links below to see the most popular downtown St Petersburg condos, or give us a call at 727-619-2799 for free, no-obligation help or advice.
We Can Help!
Call us at 727-619-2799 or email us with our contact form.
Below are some of our favorite cultural activities in downtown St Petersburg. Click on the links to open the official website for more information.
Chihuly Collection - This is an amazing and unique collection of artwork from world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly. The St Pete center is unique as it is the first example of Chihuly art in a building specifically designed for the artwork. Be sure to get the dual tickets and take in the glass-blowing exhibit - it is fascinating!
Dali Museum - The museum is home to an expertly curated collection of the works of Salvador Dali. The art is a very unique collection of fascinating surrealist artwork.
Museum of Fine Arts - The MFA offers a collection spanning almost 5,000 years of history with thousands of art objects. Highlights include masterpieces from Monet, O’Keeffe, De Kooning, Rauschenberg, and others. There is a sculpture garden, a glass gallery as well as a photography collection.
Mahaffey Theather - The Mahaffey is a 2,031-seat cultural jewel hosting top-quality national and international artists and performances including Broadway, classical, pop, rock, comedy, dance, family, and the well-respected Florida Orchestra.
There are so many things to do and enjoy in downtown St Petersburg, we can possibly name them all. Here is a small sample of some of our favorites. The links will take you to the outside website for each of these fun things.
- Saturday Morning Market
- St. Petersburg Segway Tours
- Great Explorations Children's Museum
- Mazzaro Italian Market
- IMAX At AMC St Pete
- Sundial St Pete Shopping and Restaurants
Downtown St Petersburg is blessed with a wide variety of local restaurants. You can enjoy local seafood, ethnic dishes, southern influenced, and more. Here are some of our favorites with links to the restaurants' websites.
- The Mill - Creative southern-influenced has won them lots of awards
- Red Mesa Cantina - Lively upscale Mexican Taqueria and amazing Tequila Bar
- Lolita's Wine Market - Boutique wines and artisanal fare that encourages sharing
- The Moon Under Water - An interesting combination of Indian curry dishes and British Colonial cuisine
- Fresco's Waterfront Bistro - Enjoy drinks and an appetizer right on the shores of Tampa Bay
- BellaBrava - BellaBrava is a New World Trattoria inspired by a trip to the hills of Tuscany
- Gratzzi Italian Grille - Features classic Italian food in a classy environment
- La V Vietnamese Fusion - Fresh ingredients, minimal use of grease, resting on herbs and vegetables
- Il Ritorno - Modern Italian dishes
- Sea Salt - "simplicity with the very best fresh ingredients in a menu that changes daily"
Map of Downtown Restaurants
There are some beautiful parks in downtown St Petersburg to enhance your outdoor lifestyle. Several of the parks are along the shoreline of Tampa Bay. Stroll along the shoreline or sit and relax or have a picnic and enjoy the bayside breeze and the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay. The parks include Vinoy Park to the north, North Straub Park, South Straub Park, Spa Beach, Demens Landing, and the St Petersburg Saturday Morning Market. Just head east and you will run into Bayshore Drive where you can enjoy the coastal views.